Band of Brothers Social Guidelines and Forum Rules
Our bulletin board is a place for players to talk about the game, discuss and share knowledge, and engage in guild activities. In order to maintain the boards and be able to provide a professional environment, we must reserve the right to enforce certain standards and rules. Please understand that this forum is a privately run message board, and all rules are enforced at our discretion.

Forums

Band Of Brothers Guild  »  Forums  »  Guild Wars 2  »  Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns

Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns FAQ Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0
Moderators: Floryn, BoB-Antispam

Sat Jan 24 2015, 10:15PM

Q: When will Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns launch?
A: We’ll announce the official launch date when we can. Check back at http://heartofthorns.guildwars2.com for the latest updates.

Q: Will you be offering an early-access beta?
A: Yes, although we do not have details to release at the present time. Please keep checking http://heartofthorns.guildwars2.com for more information as it becomes available.

Q: Is the expansion “buy to play”?
A: Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns is a paid expansion to Guild Wars 2, but once you buy it, there are no subscription fees. This means that you can continue playing and access future updates for Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns with no subscription fee.

Q: Do I have to own Guild Wars 2 to play the expansion?
A: Yes. Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns is an expansion to Guild Wars 2 and not a stand-alone campaign, and therefore it requires the base game to play.

Q: What is the expansion bringing to the base game?
A: Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns is an expansive new MMO experience introducing unique features such as our re-envisioned character progression system. You can visit our website at http://heartofthorns.guildwars2.com for a full rundown of features, and be sure to check back regularly as we will continually reveal new details.

Q: How much will the expansion cost?
A: We have not announced pricing yet.

Q: Will this expansion only be available digitally, or will there be a boxed edition as well?
A: Both. Once Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns is available, you’ll be able to buy it digitally or get boxed editions at retail stores.

Q: Will there be a collector’s edition for this expansion?
A: At this time, we do not have information available about specific versions. Rest assured that well before launch, we will reveal all the versions of Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns that will be available both digitally and physically.

Q: When is the next big feature reveal for what’s coming in this expansion?
A: We wanted to reveal Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns when we were ready to talk about every major feature we’re planning. That’s why right now, every major feature planned for Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns is there for you to check out at http://heartofthorns.guildwars2.com. That said, there are so many details left to uncover and share with you, to show you, and to eventually let you play as we take you on the journey from now through launch.

[ Edited Sat Jan 24 2015, 10:17PM ]
Website  

Mon Apr 27 2015, 09:46AM

So is there going to be some improvement in PvE regarding more solid tanking/healing/dps system or are the Fractals of Jumping and BYOBerserker gear the pinnacle of their achievement?

Tue Apr 28 2015, 04:11AM

Didn't had time to check beyond the marketing/PR bullshit, but from what I can remember a lot of the original developers left Arenanet last year, so this can only mean: better direction or lack of it.

But you can always be the lucky guy who gets a free beta invite and find out for yourself, via this:

Starting tomorrow, April 28, heroes adventuring in the Maguuma Wastes have a chance to find a mysterious portal to the heart of the Maguuma Jungle. Looting one of these special trophy items grants you access to the next Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns™ PvE closed beta event!
Source: click here

[ Edited Tue Apr 28 2015, 04:18AM ]
Website  

Wed Apr 29 2015, 04:32AM

Nevermind, installed GW2 yesterday, crashed like 7 times in 30 minutes for no reason, then in Borderlands (had a queue for 10 minutes) and got kicked out.

"Are you sure you want to uninstall Guild Wars 2?"

Hell yes.

Wed Apr 29 2015, 11:57AM

I remember that before I took a break from the game the entire GW2 QA team was outsourced, so that could explain the new bugs & crashes (something that we were not familiar with @ GW2 vanilla) .

Website  

Thu Apr 30 2015, 06:03AM

Yeah, this is unacceptable. I was standing in BC bank, sorting all the bullshit chests and gifts I got. Crash.

Immediately logged in, then in about five minutes, another crash.

Then again.

And again.

And again.

Then I queued up for BL, got there, got where the action was and then... Crash.

Logged back dead in BC.

WHAT THE ****.

Fri May 22 2015, 01:11AM

Sounds like Age of Conan.

Sun May 24 2015, 01:23AM

Hmmm. Have not problems like akha mentioned. But we know, it is akha 😈

[ Edited Sun May 24 2015, 01:23AM ]

Mon Jun 29 2015, 02:03PM

There you see game has improved a lot now that it understands that Akha should be kicked

Sat Jul 18 2015, 08:11AM

Well I can see that mesmers got "balanced"

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Member, Donator, Officer, Prospect, Recruit
Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF
Render time: 0.1667 sec, 0.0145 of that for queries. DB queries: 186. Memory Usage: 3,542kB